Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Comparing snowboarding... the Snowbowl versus Mt. Brighton

So I went snowboarding today in Michigan... And I just wanted to take a moment to realize how awesome it is that I am ucky enough to live an area that is surrounded by mountains... I want to compare and contrast my two different snowboarding trips this vacation. The one in Flagstaff, Arizona (the Snowbowl) and the one in Brighton, Michigan (Mt. Brighton).View from the top of the Snowbowl

View from the top of Mt. Brighton

View going up the ski liftn at the Snowbowl

View going up the ski lift at Mt. Brighton

View of the ski lift on the ski lift at the Snowbowl

View going up the ski lift at Mt. Brighton.
Now, I don't mean to make Mt. Brighton look bad, I had a great time, and it worked for me. Mt. Brighton is approximately a half an hour from my parent's house so I was able to drive really quickly there this morning and get in a good couple of snowboarding hours by myself (I was actually the first person out there... I had the slopes all by myself for the first three runs)! However, I am grateful for the awesome mountains that are further out west, and am looking forward to hit more slopes later this year!

2 comments:

Julie said...

If there was no Mt. Brighton you wouldn't be able to appreciate what you got, right?! That's like us and the ocean. Yes, the Great Lakes are bodies of water, but man are we lucky to live by that ocean :)

Jennifer said...

Yuppers!!!! Thats exactly how we feel!