Thursday, August 09, 2012

Cabo 2012

 Our hotel

 Pool time
 Dos, Chad, Michelle, Dana

 Francine and me
 Joel who was crazy in love with the underwater camera

 who knows

 It was super slippery by the pool.... and what do you know, Brady slips....
 Dana W above Dana M below!  Two of my fave ladies from the trip!


Joel and Chad
 
 Greg and Tif

 Just making friends with the locals

 lunch by the marina.... oh boy did it take FOREVER... but well worth the wait, the food was AMAZING

 Brady, Joel, Chad, and Greg on the Booze Cruise
Dana, Francine, and Dana

 This is where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean...  It is by two beaches... Lovers Beach & Divorce Beach

 Here I am with the Rio Norte ladies

 Some crazies we met on the boat!!!

 Lounging by the pool
 Francine and me
 Erika and me
 Us still in our headbands from our crazy Keep Away game

 Myself and Dana at Mango's

 The boys in shock as to what is going on up stage....

And of course.... always the handstand picture... one kid later... still got it!
The trip was fantastic... at some points there was a little too much drama for my taste (I know I know).  But we met and got to know a lot of people.  We went with a total of 18 people and had a blast. It started out with a limo ride to the airport, then pooled and ate when we got in.  The next day it was HOT and HUMID, so we stayed in the pool ALL morning long and had a few adult beverages, hit up lunch and then headed off to the "Booze Cruise."  It's a very low class boat with a bunch of fun fun people.  It was an absolute blast.  We met some great people and some not so great (seriously, we're in Cabo, how do we run into a U of M grad)?  We danced and drank and took in the beautiful surroundings.  After the cruise we headed into downtown Cabo and had food at the famous "Cabo Wabo."  Some of the best Carne Asada tacos of my life.  The next day we played a game of Keep Away at the hotel pool and then headed down to the beach bars and restaurants.  Hit up Mango's for some entertainment and jumped into the ocean whenever it got a little too warm.  That night we spent one more night out on the town, where I ran into two former students (another... seriously, we're in Cabo, how do I run into students)?  Oh well, they were two of my favorites from my first year of teaching!  The next day we relaxed by the pool at lunch at a brewhouse and packed it up to head back home.  It was our first trip away from Breslin, and by the end of the weekend we really missed him.  But it was nice to know that he was in good hands with Oma, and since Oma lives in Michigan the two of them needed some quality Breslin-Oma time. 

2 comments:

joyce said...

loved seeing your pictures and catching up on your vacation.

joyce said...

Well, I commented on your blog and it should show up. In case, I loved seeing your pictures and catching up on your vacation time.