Thursday, June 27, 2013

Viva Las Vegas -- Yarbrough Family Trip 2013

For the third year in a row we ventured off to the desert in the middle of the sweltering summer.  Let the tradition of the Yarbrough Vegas Vacation continue!  The first day consisted of pooling it, relaxing, and heading out to dinner with a little bit of gambling and a little bit of drinking.  We ended up going to a bar that was having a private party for Randy Couture's 50th birthday.  He rode the bull right in front of me, and of course I had no idea who that was (for those of you that don't know.... according to my friend, he will belong in the UFC Hall of Fame).  So we got to celebrate his birthday with him... kindof...  The pool was absolutely crazy, because there was this EDC .  Let's just say there were a lot more drunkards and whatever else came along with them as well as the most scantily clothed men and women then I have normally seen.  There was barely any room in the pool for Breslin to even swim!
The second day consisted of much the same, except we also did our traditional SteakHouse at Circus Circus, followed by a show.  Mom and Dad went to see Love again, and Christina and I went to see One (the new Michael Jackson one) at Mandalay Bay.  Brady stayed back and hung out with Breslin.  When we got back we did a little bit more gambling!
The third day mom had to leave early, so that left dad, Christina, Breslin, Brady and I to cruise Vegas.  We walked the strip, gambled, played in the pool, and hit up In n Out for dinner (since Christina and my dad can't get that anywhere else).  And then gambled a bit more.  I absolutely love sitting at the tables and interacting with the players and the dealers.  I sat at a Black Jack table for about two hours that last night (I would win a little, then lose a little, then win a little....)  I used to be intimidated by the tables, but now I love it.  I love going down there and hearing where people are from or just watching how the play the games.   So many people from different backgrounds end up in Vegas.  Ironically enough I met a guy who was actually in Nashville at CMA Fest the week before!  What are the odds that we were both at the same two things completely across the nation!  Absolutely Crazy!  Gotta love Vegas!
On our way to dinner


At one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas (yet I don't even know the name haha)

grapes with dinner!

Getting ready to ride on the Gondola!

The Gondola ride at the Venetian

Pool Time


All dressed up for dinner at the Steak House (let me tell you, one of the most stressful things as a parent of a toddler is bringing them into a swanky, fancy restaurant, and I will tell you that tonight I couldn't have been more proud of my son and our parenting skills... we got a complement from our server on how excellent Breslin was at dinner).

Daddy's girls

Vegas portrait!

Yarbrough Ladies!

Mom and Christina

1 comment:

joyce said...

doesn't our family know how to have fun and enjoy life? Love the pics