Monday, November 25, 2013

Seven for Sundays (Monday)

1.  Potty... That is the word that we use the most in this household over the last few days.  We are knee deep in potty training.  It's not as hard as I thought it would be, but yes, parenting can bring you down to a whole new level you never thought possible.  Let's take for instance our trip to the McDonald's playplace (which is our Sunday morning hang out).  We go for a little oatmeal and a good hour of running around in the playplace.  I wasn't sure I wanted to go this Sunday, seeing as Breslin was in his "big boy underwear," but Brady said that Brez wanted to go, so against my first instinct we went... and that is how I ended up asking the woman at the counter for the first time ever in my life, "Ummm, we need a clean up on the first step of the playplace, my son had an accident."  Mortified.  Yup, I was mortified.  Oh well, what can you do, after attempting to clean it up with the hand sanitizer but go ahead and tell someone that your child not only peed his pants, but peed all over the first step of the playplace.  On a positive note... one day later, Breslin had no accidents at home or at Mary's!  Baby steps... baby steps.
2.  Catching Fire.  I went with two of my other friends to see Catching Fire on opening night.  I can't remember a) the last time I have been to an opening night in the theaters or b) if I ever have.  The movie was awesome!  I will for sure see it again.  I feel like I need to read all of the books over again during Christmas break.
3.  B1G Championship and Indy here we come!  MSU beat Northwestern to solidify its spot in the B1G championship game.  Two years ago, Brady and I decided to be "good parents" and not go to the game because we couldn't leave Breslin, because he was just starting to sleep really good..... little did we know... he never did start to sleep really good, hahahaha, we are still working on it.  So anyways, with the help of Mitzi and Karen, Breslin will be well taken care of, while me and Brady head out to Indy for 20 hours in hopes of kicking Ohio State's booty and getting a trip to the Rose Bowl.

4.  MSU's basketball team is ranked #1 (enough said).  However, I am more concerned about being ranked #1 in April then now, however I will take it.

5.  Dyed my hair brunette.  It was time for a change.

6.  We took our Christmas card pictures at the beach this year.  I will give you just a sneak peek.

7.  Well I am about to start reading the Divergent series.  I need to take a relax of teaching once winter break hits, between common core and AP Stats I am BURNT out...  Can't wait to dive head first into these books.  Any other book suggestions are welcome!

No comments: