Monday, January 06, 2014

Seven for Sundays (Monday)

 1.  Well let's see... what major thing has happened in the last seven days?!?!  Oh I don't know, MSU going to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 26 years and WINNING!  The last time MSU went to the Rose Bowl I was 5!  Of course I didn't go, and of course I barely remember it at all.  We had always said if MSU made it again, we would go.... and boy did we go!!!!  With an additional 60,000+ Spartan fans!
Beside ourselves!  There may have been a few tears shed!

 2.  Now this was actually last Saturday, so I cheated a little bit... going one more day back...  But this was Breslin's first MSU basketball game.  He had gone to Midnight Madness when he was about 5 months old, but this was his first REAL MSU game at the Breslin Center!  Pretty big deal, considering this is the arena he is named after!


 3.  We left Michigan earlier this year than in years past to make it back to California in time for the Rose Bowl.  This is one of our last pictures together from the Holiday Break.  We all got variations of the "Spartan Up" Rose Bowl shirt, and decided to really quick put it on for the picture.

 4.  So many Spartan friends came out for the game.  Above is the Williams... this is the family we do our annual New Years with.  I think in the last 30 or so years we have only missed one New Years.... and even though we didn't celebrate New Years Eve with them this year, we got to celebrate an MSU Rose Bowl Victory and New Year's Day with them!
 5.  These were a few of the people that crashed at our house over these past few days (minus PJ).  It was a full house and an absolute blast!  I wish they had all stayed longer (especially Rachel, I feel like she was here for 24 hours and that was it)!
 6.  As we took our out of town guests down to LA, we ran into a Laker known as Swaggy P AKA Nick Young, who has been killing it on the court as of late.  And we of course had to visit the Magic Johnson statue, the same-ish statue that is in front of the Breslin Center.
7.  It was a fun filled packed week, and I am sad to see it end.  However, I am grateful that my school has one more week off before school starts back up, so I can actually, what do you call it?!?! Relax!

No comments: