Sunday, January 06, 2013

5 for Fridays (or Sunday)

Oh man, was Friday an exhausting day, hence the reason I did not have this post up on Friday.  Thursday night Breslin decided he didn't want to sleep by himself, so I had to sleep in the guest bedroom with Breslin and make sure he wasn't going to fall off the bed.  I swear to you, when my mom came in the room to wake me up (5:12 am) I had literally only been asleep for about an hour.  Oh well, such is the life of a mom.  We flew out of Detroit on schedule, and landed in LA about 45 minutes early :)  Yeah!!!  Much better than our flight going out there.  That was flight number 18 for Breslin!  He definitely is a veteran flyer.

So anyway here is my 5 for Friday ( a little late).

1.  Enjoyed ringing in the new year with the Williams.  We had a few new additions this year, AND it was Breslin's first year partaking in the full tradition as he stayed up until midnight to cheers and give New Year kisses.

2.  Breslin had a fabulous playdate with Teagan and Hannah at Impression 5.  The three of them played for 2 1/2 hours.  I wish we had one out here.  For my Southern California readers, Impression 5 is similar to Kidspace in Pasadena, except I feel like they had a little bit more for the little ones to do and play with.

3.  I am sure that I gained at least 7 pounds over the holidays.  I seriously have never eaten so much "goodness/crap" in a short time span.  But let me tell you it was worth every ounce!  But, now that vacation is over I can get back into my routine.  I am running a 5k in February, so I am back into running a little bit.  I am also getting into Yoga a little bit.  Bought a Yoga mat, and have looked at a few videos and magazines on it, I think I need to bring a little zen into my life.  I am also now trying to cut back on the sweets (at least until I drop whatever holiday weight I gained).

4.  Enjoyed a full day of football on New Years Day.  I love how everybody in my family is into college football (I mean obviously they would have to be, considering my obsession with it).  But after Christina, Brady, Breslin, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the start of the games (and for lunch), we went back to my parents' house and watched all of the games that were playing.  So much fun.

5.  We left on Friday.  After 2 weeks of hanging out with my family it was time to go.  Most years, at the end of our time out in Michigan we are ready to get back home and get back into some sort of routine... not this year.  Breslin had so much fun out there with my family and I had so much fun out there that I wish we could have one more day.  Some of the highlights from the trip -- getting my dad and Christina hooked on "the Walking Dead", our nightly game of cards (and of course all of the cheating and ridicule that goes along with it), sledding, play dates, Christina's tattoo (LMA--you guys try and guess what that means), lunches with mom, siting (or maybe jumping would be a better term) in the Izzone section for the MSU basketball game, Christmas breakfast, New Year's Eve, and Breslin playing with pangra (grandpa in non Breslin speak).  I can not wait until we all hang out again.

No comments: