Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

What do you guys want to do in 2013?  What are your resolutions?  Did you accomplish yours from 2012?

I know that I don't think I had many or any resolutions from 2012...  if that tells you anything, it means that I most likely didn't stick to them.  I was rather sleep deprived throughout most of 2012 anyway.

So far 2013, I have a few goals/resolutions:

1-  Spend more quality time with Breslin.  Now that we are all getting a little bit more sleep I should have more energy to do more fun things with Breslin.  I want to commit to doing something "fun" (i.e. Magic Mountain, Bounce House, Playground, Swimming, a gymnastics or mom and me type class) once a week with Breslin.  We always play at the house and have fun there, but I want to keep things fun and exciting!

2-  Exercise.  Isn't that always a resolution?  In 2012 I ran 2 half marathons, 1 half marathon relay (8 miles) and 1 5k.  This year I am already planning on doing a "Color Run" 5k in February with the Carey's, and I also want to do another half marathon.  I still have yet to hit my goal of under 2 hours for the half marathon, so that will be my goal again.  In between the running, I want to commit to doing some sort of exercise AT LEAST 4 times a week.  I of course would like to do it more, but I want these goals to be attainable.  Between tutoring, work, and Breslin it is hard for me to find the time.  But it is super important to me to find the time.

3- "Me time."  I need to make time once a week (at least) to do something I want to do... movie, scrapbooking, reading.

4- Date night.  I think Brady and I need to find the time to go out to dinner, or dinner and a movie AT LEAST once a month without the little man.

5- Just be a better person, less stressed out, more positive.  This first semester of the school year really tested me.  I had one issue that way overstepped its boundaries and caused me to be miserable.  I can not let one thing dictate how I feel throughout the day.  Positive mindset in the beginning of the morning ALWAYS!

Happy New Year to all of you.  Good luck with your goals and resolutions.  I hope this year is the best of all.

1 comment:

joyce said...

Great goals Jen. Sounds like you're really challenging yourself, though. You already do lots of fun stuff with Breslin such as sledding, the bounce place in the mall, visiting little friends like Teagan. You get the picture. Date night is very important. Hope you can do it all.