Sunday, October 20, 2013

7 on Sundays

1.  Welcome welcome fall!  And thank you Breslin for inviting fall into our home with welcome arms (and on the days the cleaners came).

2.  Holly, Jeff, and I went to the Hollywood Bowl to watch Jason Aldean and Jake Owen perform.  When we went to Nashville with the Carey's for the CMA Fan Fair Music Fest, Jake Owen got to only sing one song due to the coming storm.  Ever since then I have felt that I got jipped with his performance.  Now I have seen him perform a whole set.  I love Jake Owen & Jason Aldean, they were awesome!
It took Jeff 45 minutes to get us those three overpriced beers.  He missed 75% of Jake Owens set.  Holly and I appreciated it though.

There really is nothing like the Hollywood Bowl.

Tailgating.
 3.  We spent Saturday morning with the Carey's.  We watched the MSU/Purdue game at their house, and then headed off to In n Out for lunch.  Breslin absolutely LOVES the Careys.  Mimi and her phone kept Breslin nice and occupied.
 4.  Friday night was the West Ranch/Valencia game.  A house divided in the Burrill household.  Valencia came out on top, I believe the final score was 42-6 (or something around there).  Breslin had a blast.  He hung out with the cheerleaders, sat in the bleachers, watched the drumline up close and personal, and did what Breslin does best, run around absolutely every where!
Breslin hanging out with two of my favorite students and cheerleaders.

Just watching the game.
 5.  October is breast cancer awareness month.  Valencia had a "pink out" at the football game in support of breast cancer awareness.  Although I did not wear this shirt to the game (some people may have thought it was inappropriate) I love this shirt.  Fight Like Hell.

6.  Ran 12 miles on Saturday in 1:45.  I really want to hit my goal of under 2 hours next week during my half marathon.  I have put in the miles and trained hard, so lets home all of my hard work pays off.

7.  MSU is 6-1.... one more win away from being bowl eligible... and we are still undefeated in the  B1G.  Keep it up my Spartans.  The score may not have been pretty, but we are going to be in every single game.  GO SPARTANS!

No comments: