Sunday, October 27, 2013

Seven on Sundays



 1.  Breslin is an old pro at Gymboree now.  He is such a stud, we do think it is time that he moves up to the next class.  Next week will be his last week in level 5 :(  He is growing up so quickly!
2.  Breslin went to his first ever Halloween party at Gymboree.  Breslin dressed up as a marathon runner!  Now, I might be biased, but it was one of the more creative outfits out there.  He got to jump, dance, and play as well as sing, read and do crafts.  He had so much fun!

3.  Well  I had my half marathon!  And finally on my fourth try I got under 2 hours!  The first three, something always came up in my training where I lost focus, or skipped some of my long runs.  (say like a newborn child... then a toddler, etc.)  But this time around I really tried to stay focused and get all the runs in that I needed.  The two hours became a MUST this time around.  Before this, I had been at 2:04, 2:03, 2:08....  But this time I needed to get it. The official time was one hour 55 minutes and 11 seconds!  Halleluja.  Next year... maybe I go for 1:45.... hahaha.  We shall see.
Last years medal/ this years medal!

Registration... Oh goodness, I can't believe I am doing another one!

Morning of!  Did I mention that it was a halloween half marathon!  I dressed up as a bumble bee!!!!
My second to last training run before the half marathon. 
4.  Halloween is rapidly approaching... so we did pumpkin carving at Aunties this year!


5.  My Spartans are 6-1 after a great solid win against Illinois.  We are now ranked in all of the polls.  We have our big game this weekend against Michigan.  We will be flying out there on Friday and spending the weekend.  Let's get it MSU.  

6.  Breslin has a new favorite ritual; going over to the Carey's house on Saturday for football.  This was the second weekend in a row that he went over there and he has an absolute blast.  He absolutely loves it over there.  We watched the morning games, then head to In n Out for lunch (while desperately trying to keep Breslin awake).  After that he conks out in the car and takes a good 2 1/2 hour nap (I am sure the Carey's take some sort of nap as well, hahaha.  Breslin sure does know how to suck all of the energy out of everyone).

7.  We renewed our passes for Magic Mountain today.  We stood in line for 2 hours, but it is well worth it.  for 210 bucks we got annual passes for the three of us for Magic Mountain, Hurricane Harbor, and it includes parking.  We used our passes quite a bit this past year, so it should be money and time well spent.

No comments: