Monday, December 27, 2010

Top 50 goals

I started making 50 goals a couple years ago for New Year's instead of doing a resolution. This past year I accomplished half of them, and a little bit of five or so more goals. The year before I think I accomplished 30 of them. Some of these goals that I have managed to accomplish include; buying a house, getting pregnant, finding a way to travel to Chayla and Darreal's destination wedding, changing our health insurance, learning how to surf, snowboarding in new places, catching Michigan State sporting events, visiting certain people, etc. A lot of these goals were not plans in the making, they were just goals. I truly believe that me getting pregnant and our house was a direct reflection of the goals. It was something that we wanted to do, but didn't really need to do... the goal jump started our search in just looking to see what we needed to do to sell our place, what places we could buy, etc, when we bought the house, it seemed like a perfect place to raise a baby, so we started "not" not trying to have a baby.

Now some of these goals aren't life altering goals... some of my goals for the new year involve going to an NBA game and an NFL game.. something I have never done before but would like to do. Just like surfing was last year; not life altering, but something new that I have always wanted to do.

So this year, I started brainstorming for the year 2011 on what my top 50 goals should be. I have carried over some from recent years that I haven't been able to accomplish, and I have come up with some new goals, but I only have 20 goals so far... I need 30 more.... I need your help. What should some of my goals be for this upcoming year. Remember, I am going to have a newborn May 27, so maybe some mom's out there could help me with some goals to accomplish with the baby....

2 comments:

mitzi said...

*date night with Brady once a week after the baby is born so Auntie Mitzi can get her baby fix.
*don't bring home stuff to grade.
*cut back on tutoring
*take a picture of the baby on the same day of each month in the same spot next to the same stuffed animal so we can watch how much he/she grows.
*cover your walls with baby portraits
*clear space in the baby's closet for all the things Auntie Mitzi will be purchasing
*Get a first pic with Santa and save so you can have one from each year.
*decorate the nursery
*get the baby a stocking

don't worry, I'll have more...

Jennifer said...

Thanks Mitzi, for being the ONLY one to help me out on this!!!! I appreciate. You brought my list up to 26!