Saturday, September 24, 2011

Five for Fridays... or Saturday

Whew... what a busy busy week... glad it's over.

1.  Covered a class during my prep period on Monday and Tuesday... I vowed I would never use up my prep period with coverage two days in a row again.... (but Im doing it this week... that vow didn't last long).  But instead of getting paid the $34 for class coverage, I am hoping to get in six class coverages before our trip to Michigan, because then I can use it as a comp day, and it won't count against my days off...

2.  It was a test week at school.  I had 150+ Algebra 2 Trig tests to grade on Thursday :/ ugh, and with test days I also have 150+ homework checks to grade and record, 150+ calendars to grade, and 150+ pretest corrections/extra credit to grade... hence it taking me five or so hours after school + the hours during the school day spent grading... Then on Friday I had my Geometry test... this time at least it was only 35 tests to grade, so not as bad.

3.  I am still training for the half marathon in Vegas December 4.  On Sunday I ran five miles.... tomorrow I will be running six.  I don't have ANY time during the week to get any running in, so I run about 2 or so miles on Saturday and then my long runs on Sunday.  I am hoping to squeeze in a quick run or so during the week as well, but its so hot after school I just can't.

4.  Sadly, MSU lost to Notre Dame last Saturday, but having Breslin as a distraction from the loss made both me and Brady handle the loss like normal people, versus the fanatics like we are.  Along the same lines...  How about them Lions...  Detroit 2-0 people!!! what what!  Watch out now!

5.  Breslin's new thing:  Bouncing... in about a month or so, when we are finally for sure about his head stability we are gong to have to get him a bouncer... OMG, he just light's up when we bounce him.  I have a video that I will post later, it is ssssssoooooo adorable.

No comments: