Friday, April 27, 2012

Five for Fridays

1.  The absolute unexpected happened this week when one of my former teammates from club gymnastics (think 4 1/2 hours a day 4 days a week with these girls... we spent more time in the gym in our youth then in our homes with our family) passed away unexpectedly.  I probably have not spoken with her in a few years, but I never thought that the last time that I saw her or spoke with her would be the LAST time I would ever speak to or see her.  It truly pulls everything back into perspective.  There is no time in this life to be unhappy or hold grudges or say something that you don't mean, because we have absolutely no idea when we will take our final breath... when we will say our final goodbyes... What do you want people to think of you at that last moment, or vise versa.  Megan was 24 years young.  She wasn't married, she didn't have babies... she was toooo young.  I wish I could go back and keep in contact with her more, but I can't.  What I need to do is go back and keep in contact with others that have had meaning and a spot in my heart and life.  Megan, you will forever be missed by all of us, hopefully you are shining down from up above us.  You were and are a beautiful young woman who was taken away from this earth way too soon.
2.  In the midst of all this, I turned 29... one more year until the big 3-0, Vegas here I come.
3.  The LA Kings made it to the second round (or whatever) of the Stanley Cup Playoffs... this means a heck of a lot more to Brady then it does to me.  But still, Go Kings Go.
4.  Im getting back into the groove of reading.  I finished all of the Hunger Games books, so this week I went back to one of my favorite author's, Nicholas Sparks.  It's his newest one.
5.  5 more weeks of school... then summer school...

No comments: