Sunday, September 09, 2012

Five for Fridays (or Sunday)

1.  Gotta love a four day week.  The end of summer officially came with Labor Day on Monday, but you wouldn't be able to tell with the weather out here still in the high 90's.
2.  Week 2 of college football is in our midst.  Michigan State's defense looks amazing as ever, and our offense looked a little more in sync.  After watching what happened to the B1G conference over the weekend, we have as good of a chance as anyone to compete for a championship.
3.  As we get more into the school year, I am really getting to know my classes.  I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT semester!
4.  I covered an English class on Friday... I had to lead a discussion on what are the good things in our society and what our things we need to improve on...  Let's just say the other classes (the teacher said) discussed between 20 and 30 minutes.  I am pretty sure our discussion lasted about five minutes.  I am just going to say I am a MUCH better math teacher than english teacher.
5.  Breslin is continuing with his language expansion!  If you have read my previous posts his three new words are "please" "baby" and "go green."  He can now say "please" when he is reaching for something and I ask him, "what do you say?" and he responds with "please."  It is amazing to see him grow and learn!

No comments: