Saturday, March 12, 2011

Five for Fridays

Another week come and gone... it's amazing how time does go by....

1. MSU picked up a huge win against Purdue on Friday... hopefully it is enough to get us into the tournament!!!! It wouldn't be March Madness without MSU in the big dance!

2. Had another doctors appointment. Everything looks good! They did put me on some iron medication... (apparently I've needed to eat more vegetables).

3. Most of you heard the blood pressure story, but here it is again: My doctor's appointment was in the middle of the MSU versus Iowa first round Big Ten tournament game. MSU really needed to win to have any type of chance of getting into the NCAA tournament... needless to say, I was NOT happy that I was missing the game for a fifteen minute doctor's appointment. So, while I was waiting to be called in, Chayla was giving me live updates... it was a close game, but then all of a sudden MSU went down by seven with five turnovers in a row... the doctors then called me in... time to take your blood pressure :o I warned the OB nurse that my bp was going to be a little high, because I was feeling a bit stressed out... She took it, sure enough... 152/90!!!! I told her to give me a few minutes to calm down.... I checked my phone, about two minutes later, Chayla texts me... MSU is up by one!!! I call the nurse back... BP went down to 135/80 within those two minutes.... the nurse thought I was insane when I told her why I was stressed out!!!!! Let's be honest... any sane person would think that.... but those of you that know me, it makes complete sense! So needless to say, those darn Spartans really do a lot to me!!!! hahaha... I don't even really remember what the doctor's appointment was even about, it was such a blur... I was so concerned with the outcome of the game :/ So silly... I don't stress out about having the baby... but I do about MSU not making the tourney!!!

4. It's beginning to feel a lot like spring :)

5. Students took the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) this week... so while I was proctoring on Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to play catch up... Get all my grades caught up, look forward through the semester and plan things out...

PS.. I was a week ahead of schedule with my post last week... Breslin is now 29 weeks or -11 weeks old as of yesterday....

2 comments:

joyce said...

Breslin will come out a strong boy with all the stress you're exposing him to right now. That blood pressure story is so "YOU". lol Love 'ya.

Jennifer said...

hahaha I know ... right?!?!