Sunday, March 06, 2011

How time flies...



I sit here on Sunday morning thinking, approximately 11 weeks from now we will have a little baby boy changing our lives completely! I remember when we found out six months ago, that nine months seemed like FOREVER, and now that we near 3/4 of the way done I can not believe how the time has flown. However, when I look back at the past six months I thought that I would never be done being sick or being exhausted, but at around 4 1/2 months I felt some relief from the icky feeling... still felt exhausted, but at least no more neasous feeling all day every day.

Corey Burrill decided to say that Breslin was not 29 weeks old (because they doesn't make sense, when he comes out, he has to start back over at 0), but instead Breslin is -11 weeks old. At -11 weeks old Breslin is approximately 17 inches long and can weigh nearly 3 lbs (which doesn't compare to what I weigh now... maybe an additional 20 lbs here!!!!) In the next 11 weeks Breslin is going to double... maybe even triple his weight! He is approximately the size of a small butternut squash.

11 weeks left... are we going to be ready? I am not sure if anyone is ever completely ready. We have the room almost all done, we just need a few more items. We of course need all of the big items like, the car seat, the strollers, the bottles, the diapers... basically everything but the furniture! Thanks to the Michigan baby shower we crossed a few items off of our list, but there is still a ton to go.

I had a dream the other night (I've been having a few) where Breslin was born and it was time to leave the hospital, and we didn't have a car seat!!! They wouldn't let us leave! So Brady had to go out to the store to buy the car seat, then he came back to the hospital and we could finally leave! So I think the car seat will be the first thing we buy after the baby shower if we don't get it. I had another dream, where they gender misdiagnosed Breslin, and Breslin was actually a girl. I was so distraught about this (in my dream) because the signed basketball by Tom Izzo was written to Breslin... how was I going to get another signed basketball written to Breslyn, with a change in the lettering from i to y. So I had to check to see whether the baby was a boy or a girl... So I opened up my belly, pulled Breslin out, sure enough, he was a he... so then I put him back in.... Crazy ass dreams!

So we have 11 weeks left. Between now and then, there is the big ten basketball tournament next weekend. Then there is March Madness that takes us all the way through March (may not be as exciting as years past if MSU doesn't make the tourney). The tourney will lead us into April with that first week being Spring Break... and then... then we are getting close... Once we get past spring break there will be 6 weeks until Breslin comes and 6 weeks of school left! I am really hoping to be able to teach all the way up until school ends... but that might be pushing it. The last day of class is May 26, and Breslin is due May 27. The last doctor's appointment said that he is 3 days bigger than originally looked at... so we are looking at anywhere between May 24 and 27. One of my student's asked me, "what if your water breaks in class???" Well... then I guess it breaks in class.... that will definitely be more traumatizing for my students than for me!!!!

2 comments:

ingrid said...

Oh my goodness, 11 weeks...I'm getting so excited about the event and an just imagine how excited the two of you are. Glad things have been going along so much better with your nausea. Feeling so sad that I'm so far away. Oh well, I'll be there soon enough :)to help (when/if needed), definitely to welcome Breslin.

Julie said...

Haha! Those dreams are all part of the preggo package! I had them too! :)