Saturday, March 26, 2011

Five for Fridays

1. March Madness is in full gear... and as quickly as it started, my bracket abruptly came to an end. Normally, every year I will place in the top three or so of the pools I have entered... but this year I have been teetering on dead last. In each of my three pools, only one of them has a final four team left... Oh well... better luck next year!

2. It was a rough week at school this week. One of our own students passed away on Monday. He was a senior, and his parents are both teachers at our school. It was an unforeseen and sudden death. My thoughts go out to the Duncan friends and family during this time of need.

3. The weather has been wacky here in this last week. It has been cloudy, overcast, terrential down pouring at times, with lows in the low 40s and highs only in the low 60s. It feels more like January in California then it does spring. Hopefully it will warm up before Spring Break. This is the first Spring Break in forever that I am not going to Florida with the family... being 32 weeks pregnant might have something to do with it... but I can always count on warm weather out there in Florida... This year we are going to be spending three days at the Hyatt in Anaheim (Brady's baseball team has a tournament down there). And then another two days down in San Diego (maybe hit up Sea World while we are down there). Let's warm up Southern California!

4. Went and saw Lincoln Lawyer... I HIGHLY recommend it! It was excellent. The movie just kept you guessing all the way through the whole thing!

5. Breslin... with 9 weeks left... has been a tae-bo, karate kicking, cartwheeling fool!!! He moves and a grooves all the time. And then of course, when he is still for a little while, I of course think, what's wrong? Is he okay? Why isn't he moving? But then he starts at it again. If he is this squirmy still inside me, I can only imagine what he is going to be like when he gets out of there!

No comments: